Here are my go-to ancestry DNA testing resources for learning about and staying on top of what’s happening in the genetic genealogy and the DNA testing world.
I don’t consider myself a genealogy or DNA expert. If you have another resource you’d like to share on this site, please contact me.
For DNA Genealogy Newbies
- Starting Your Family Tree by Laura Barry, star of “Who Do You Think You Are?” TV Series
- Book: NextGen Genealogy: The DNA Connection by David Dowell
- Videos by YoungAndSavvyGenealogists (30 minutes) – great overview!
- Video: Getting Started With Genetic Genealogy by Dianne Southard
- Video – DNA Primers: what are autosomal DNA, mtDNA, and Y-chromosome DNA?
- Online Guides: Beginner Guides to DNA Genealogy (list on ISOGG)
- Online Courses: by DNA Adoption
- Quick Overview: The Who What Where of Genealogy Genetic Testing
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy (ISOGG)
- Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG), USA
- Central Bureau for Genealogy (CBG), NL
- Family History Information Standards Organization (FHISO)
- General Registry Office, England and Wales
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), USA
- National Genealogical Society (NGS), USA
- RootsTech Conference (independent). See the videos of the 2015 presentations.
- International Conference on Genetic Genealogy (FTDNA)
- Local ISOGG Meetings (list)